Tuesday, June 15, 2010

kathy griffin VS Elisabeth Hasselbeck!!

Kathy Griffin stopped by "The View" on June 15 to promote the season premiere of "My Life on the D-List." Unsurprisingly, co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck dished up a little bit of tension for the liberal, outspoken Griffin.

Kathy's visit with the ladies was going well -- she discussed her mom's love of Bill O'Reilly and her trip to Wasilla, Alaska, with Levi Johnston. "When Sarah Palin was telling us that she should run the whole country the way she runs Wasilla, I just had to see for myself, and if you like crystal meth, you're gonna like Wasilla."

She and Levi stopped by Palin's home. "I will say we didn't get in. I don't mean to give a spoiler alert... however I will be honest and say that we didn't get in. There's no dinner invite coming, she didn't make any appetizers, not even mini quiches. I don't think she's a fan, although she probably would like my mother."

It wasn't until after that conversation that Hasselbeck got a bit, uh... prickly. (Surprise, surprise.) "You've said things about people here that are a) untrue and b) not so funny, so do you ever feel weird like coming here and sitting here and promoting things when you've said some stuff?" she asked.

Well if she didn't already, she probably does now, Elisabeth! Hasselbeck was likely referring to Griffin's 2008 interview with The Windy City Times, in which she said, "Elizabeth Hasselbeck has snowed American audiences into not knowing that she is a f***ing Survivor reject. I am sorry -- I am going to listen to the political beliefs of someone who wore wacky scarves on Survivor?

Actually, Kathy was cool as a cucumber. "This is what I live for, so bring it," she said. "This is how I write my act."

We wish Hasselbeck hadn't waited until the last two minutes of Kathy's segment to start swinging. If you're going to rumble with Kathy Griffin, at least leave enough time for her to get some good material for her stand-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment